Categories
Genel

Woman in Vietnam dies from anaphylaxis after receiving AstraZeneca’s Covid-19 vaccine – health ministry — RT World News From “RT World News”



A 35-year-old female medical worker in Vietnam has died from anaphylaxis after being injected with AstraZeneca’s Covid-19 vaccine, in a “very rare” case of adverse reaction to the drug, the country’s health ministry has announced.

The woman, who was a member of staff at the Tan Chau Regional General Hospital in the southern An Giang province, died from anaphylaxis on Friday. She received her first dose of the Anglo-Swedish jab at the hospital on Thursday morning and subsequently died from anaphylactic shock.“This is a very rare case in the vaccination against Covid-19,” the ministry said in the statement.

Also on rt.com
‘Less democratic’ Asian nations satisfied with govt Covid response as public opinion in Europe suffers ‘severe downturn’ – study

As of Friday, more than 747,800 people in Vietnam had been administered AstraZeneca’s Vaxzevria vaccine, according to health ministry data.Confirmation of the death comes as Vietnam, which has previously contained outbreaks of the coronavirus quickly, is currently facing a slight uptick in Covid-19 cases, including in the capital Hanoi.On Friday, the southeast Asian country registered 46 new infections, with 24 in Hanoi, according to the health ministry. The latest cases bring Vietnam’s total so far in the pandemic to 3,137, with 161 cases discovered since the country’s most recent outbreak started on April 27.

Also on rt.com
Covid-cautious Vietnam to build 3 field hospitals after first virus outbreak in 55 days

Anaphylaxis has been reported as a potential side effect of AstraZeneca’s vaccine by the drug regulatory authorities in the EU and in the UK.Some 590 cases of allergic reactions associated with anaphylaxis or anaphylactoid response had been reported in the UK as of May 6, according to the country’s Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA). By April 28, an estimated 22.6 million people in the UK had received a first dose of AstraZeneca’s vaccine, while 5.9 million had received both doses, the agency said.Think your friends would be interested? Share this story!







Read All

Categories
Genel

Mali woman has given birth to nine babies, says health ministry | Mali From “World news | The Guardian”



A woman in Mali has given birth to nine babies – two more than doctors had detected inside her womb – according to the country’s health ministry, joining a small pantheon of mothers of nonuplets.Halima Cisse, 25, had been expected to give birth to seven babies, according to ultrasounds conducted in Morocco and Mali that missed two of the siblings. All were delivered by caesarean section.The pregnancy of Cisse has fascinated the west African nation and attracted the attention of its leaders. When doctors in March said Cisse needed specialist care, the country’s transitional leader, Bah Ndaw, ordered that she be sent to Morocco, where she gave birth to five girls and four boys, according to Mali’s health ministry.“The mother and babies are doing well so far,” Mali’s health minister, Fanta Siby, told Agence France-Presse, adding that she had been kept informed by the Malian doctor who accompanied Cisse to Morocco.They are due to return home in several weeks’ time, she added.However, Morocco’s health ministry spokesman Rachid Koudhari said he had no knowledge of such a multiple birth having taken place in one of the country’s hospitals.Doctors had been concerned about Cisse’s health, according to local press reports, as well as her babies’ chances of survival. Nonuplets are extremely rare. Medical complications in multiple births of this kind often mean that some of the babies do not survive.With Agence France-Presse and Reuters







Read All

Categories
Genel

Iran foreign ministry denies US hostage swap imminent | Nuclear Energy News From “Al Jazeera – Breaking News, World News and Video from Al Jazeera”



Contradictory statements may be the latest example of clashes between political factions as Iran’s presidential elections loom.Tehran, Iran – Iran’s foreign ministry says a state television report on prisoner swaps with the United States cannot be confirmed as a political rift widens ahead of presidential elections in June.
Foreign ministry spokesman Saeed Khatibzadeh said on Monday that the report could not be confirmed and that the issue of swapping prisoners is being reviewed by both sides.
The state-run broadcaster had quoted an unnamed official on Sunday as saying four Iranian prisoners held in the US for circumventing sanctions would be swapped with four American dual nationals in Iran, and $7bn in frozen Iranian funds will be released.
Khatibzadeh added that Iran continues to stand by its demand to unfreeze all its assets that are blocked in several countries because of unilateral US sanctions.
Held ‘unlawfully’
The state TV report also said British-Iranian national Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe would be released when Britain pays off a decades-old debt of 400 million pounds ($553m) it owed Tehran.
Both the US Department of State and the British Foreign Office rejected the state TV report on Sunday.
Zaghari-Ratcliffe, who recently completed a five-year sentence on spying charges, received another one-year sentence and was put on the no-fly list last week on charges of spreading “propaganda against the system” for participating in a protest in front of the Iranian embassy in London in 2009.
UK Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab said on Sunday he believes Zaghari-Ratcliffe is being held “unlawfully” and her treatment amounts to “torture”.
The Iranian foreign ministry’s spokesman said on Monday no legal negotiations are under way between the foreign ministries on the dual national, and that comment on the case would be left to the judiciary.
Iran does not formally recognise dual citizenship and rejects accusations that it engages in hostage-taking for political gains, saying its judiciary is independent.

Contradictory reports
The latest hardline-controlled state TV report comes as a slew of other news stories citing unnamed “informed sources” have aired in recent weeks as Iran and world powers continue talks in Vienna to restore the country’s 2015 nuclear deal that was abandoned by the US in 2018.
The reports have been so contradictory to the official line by the foreign ministry that in late April, Iran’s top negotiator Abbas Araghchi directly criticised the state broadcaster’s English-language channel in a tweet.
“I don’t know who the ‘informed source’ of Press TV in Vienna is, but s/he is certainly not ‘informed’,” he wrote.
The administration of moderate President Hassan Rouhani has been under constant fire by hardliners who have become increasingly emboldened by the US withdrawal from the nuclear deal and the imposition of harsh sanctions on Iran.
On Sunday, Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei publicly rebuked Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif for comments he made about the country’s internal power struggles in a confidential audio recording leaked last week.
After the supreme leader’s speech, in which he said the foreign ministry is an executor, not a designer of foreign policy, Zarif apologised for his comments that he said disturbed Khamenei’s peace of mind.







Read All